Old script update

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Old script update

Postby TCholewa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:38 pm

Hi all,
I'm updating one old (local) script, which was comparing city names from database (imported file) with Waze city names. I don't have any technical knowledge ;) but I managed to update all changes in the script mentioned here on the forum.
Now I reached a point, where I see script works, but one of its major functionalities don't - he doesn't find names from file in WME.

Question: were there any changes in the script, which could change the way WME provides city name? I think this may be the reason why output shows that cities are missing, while in a fact they are on the map...

Thanks for any hints!
TCholewa
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Re: Old script update

Postby MapOMatic » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:35 pm

Hi,
I'm not aware of any recent changes to the way cities are handled in WME, but it's possible I'm not thinking of the same thing you're referring to. If you can share the code for the script, I could take a quick look. Feel free to PM me.
[ img ] [ img ]

AM Central KY | CM USA
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: Old script update

Postby carloslaso » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:59 pm

Highlighter City (2.0.0.2 / 1.7.1.31) comes to mind with what he is describing, I may be wrong.
[ img ][ img ]
Coordinador de Comunidad en México / Foro MX / Waze Status
Supervisor Noroeste México

iPhone XS Max / iOS 12 / Waze ß 4.x
carloslaso
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts