Low Sound

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Low Sound

Postby EranRM » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:39 am

I have just updated to the latest version and I face the same problem - very low sound.
I am using an LG G3 phone.
I had this same problem over 1 year ago and then it was solved when updating to a newer version (when released).
Please advise
EranRM

Volume low on phone speaker

Postby JimmyDeanLW » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:06 pm

Ever since the June 22nd 2016 update the volume on Waze over the speaker phone is extremely low.
JimmyDeanLW

very low volume of the navigation tips

Postby MarinaShaingold » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:41 pm

HI, i'm using waze from android phone lg g3. very weird issue of the last weeks - the application volume is very very low and i can't hear the navigation instructions. all the phone and the waze volume definitions are on maximum, but the voice with directions is still low.
i've deleted the application and downloaded it again - it did not help.
please advice
MarinaShaingold

Postby Reaprr » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:33 am

just happened today on the way home tried the fix above and no go, cleared everything from my phone and reinstalled, had no sound then somehow got low sound again
Reaprr

Postby EthanS65 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:27 pm

I have Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. For past couple weeks I've been barely able to hear Waze directions at all. Previously, it was very loud, now can barely hear it if any other noise in the car. My wife commented she now has the same issue on her iPhone 6. So there must have been an update release that changed something. Note both of us connect our phones in our vehicles via bluetooth for other functions such as bluetooth phone and other functions. I have the volume set to high and output set to phone speaker. I thought that something with bluetooth. To test whether bluetooth connection might be interfering, I tried connecting and disconnecting my phone from my vehicles bluetooth connection. In either case, connected or not, the sound output on the phone from Waze is barely perceptible.

Help! Any solution for this? Love Waze, I use it daily in my work commute and it has saved me from traffic jams so many times I can't count! (cheers to Waze! :D ) However, if I can no longer hear directions because speaker output is so soft, I'm not sure it's useful anymore... :x
EthanS65

Postby OscarMardones » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:10 pm

I have same issue too with 2 different Bluetooth devices. The workaround that I found was go to Voice & Sound, then play sound via and set the option "Play as Bluetooth phone call". This way the Bluetooth device will prior the directions as call giving them a more volumen. Siri use this option to answer in my car's radio.
Regards!
OscarMardones

Postby Gewitty » Fri May 10, 2019 12:49 pm

I've experienced this problem on my Android phone a couple of times. There are two fixes which have worked for me:

1. Make a phone call from your phone (dialing your voicemail is a good idea), then put the call on loudspeaker and use your phone's volume keys to increase the sound level. The Waze volume should be OK after doing that.

2. Use the fix suggested by Waze in an earlier post here, by entering cc@tts in the Waze search box to clear the cache.

Hope one of those works for you.
Gewitty

Postby karlfoley » Thu May 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Awesome!

Making a voice call on speaker and then turning up the volume fixed this issue for me.

Many thanks!
karlfoley

Previous

Return to Waze App