For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Karen from the Waze Community Team. Lovely to meet you!
As announced at many community meetups this year, we are very
excited to share that, in the coming months, the Waze Community Forum will be moving to a
new home and get a super Wazey facelift!
This post contains lots (and lots
) of info about what to expect, but the important stuff is in BOLD
and in RED
. So, be sure to read that stuff and post here with any questions you may have.Here are a few highlights of what’s to come:
All of the different Community forums (Centercode, CCp will now be under one roof)A few FAQsWill all content be migrated?
Note: For now, Bug reporting for Client Beta will still be done in Centercode via a button in the beta area of the new forum New “Wazey” design
Full mobile responsiveness!
Visual text editor for posting
Different interaction styles to support community initiatives (Blogs, Groups, Q&A Boards, etc)
Waze Suggestion box will be migrated over from the existing platform and updated by Community Team and Product
New community board structure to better find what you’re looking for
Easy access to Local Community Forums
Improved internal search and SEO, so you can find answers easier.
In-post links to the WME or LiveMap reflected in an in-post iFrame.
Shiny new badges
* PHPBB forum will be migrated to the new forum system and links to forum posts inside will be routed to that post inside of the new forum system via redirects.I’m also a Waze beta tester, will I have access to my migrated content from both Centercode and PHPBB with one account?
* Waze Suggestion Box (Uservoice) will be migrated to collect all Ideas in one board. However, due to limitations of the system, usernames given for ideas will not be migrated and all usernames for these suggestions will appear as “MigratedSuggestion”
* Centercode forums will be migrated to a private “beta” area of the forum. Bugs and bug reporting for beta will remain in Centercode.
* Due to security concerns, PHPBB private messages will not be migrated to the new forum. We will leave PHPBB up as read only until further notice, with the ability to login, so that you can access PMs for reference.
* Your signatures from PHPBB will be migrated
* Our beloved PHPBB emoticons will remain the same, and may even get a few new friends.
That’s up to you! Read here:IF YOU ARE A WAZE BETA TESTER (on Centercode)
: We need you to go in and make sure that your Centercode and Waze App USERNAMES AND EMAIL match EXACTLY
so that we can merge the accounts into one and attribute your posts correctly. Otherwise, you will lose this information from whichever account you don’t sign into - as the user (and associated content) will be abandoned. There is NO WAY to merge users after the final launch.Will there be forum downtime as part of the transition?
Yes, there will be a few days (hopefully less) of forum downtime when we are migrating the final content from this forum to the new one. We will be sure to post about this beforehand so that the community is aware of the transition period.
We may also keep this forum open for community communication during that downtime, but anything posted after the cut-off will not
be migrated automatically. If a post is important, please feel free to cut and paste the content into the new forum.
As mentioned above, we will leave this forum open and locked until further notice after the new launch for access to private messages and as a reference.What’s next?
Next month we will be opening a beta version of the new forum. First to current forum admins, then we will invite Global Champs and Beta Leaders to have a look around and share their thoughts, get a sense of the new platform, and let us know if they spot any issues. Once we open the first round, we may open the beta period to other interested parties - depending on timing and capacity. If you’re interested in joining, subscribe to this post and we’ll update here.
We are SUPER
excited about this new community adventure - and this is just the beginning! We plan to continue to grow and add features to the platform throughout 2018 (and beyond!)
Please feel free to comment below and ask questions, I’ll answer as many as I am able to and continue to update here on what to expect.
Thank you in advance for your enthusiasm
Karen[ img ]via Imgflip Meme Generator