For large/heavy/tall goods vehicles

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Professional Driver? We want your opinion!

Postby jonnaz » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:17 pm

I had a look at the form and it was missing parts for PCV drivers, but it does state Public Transport...?
UK Wiki | UK Forum | Waze Tile Updates
Newcastle upon Tyne editor
iOS Beta Tester - iPhone 7 plus - iOS (latest Beta or Release)
[ img ][ img ]
[ img ]
WME Toolbox | WME Validator | WME Speedhelper | WME Colour Highlights
jonnaz
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1

Postby APettyJ » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:16 am

UPS delivery driver here. I love Waze's accurate ETA accounting for traffic and other delays. Allows me to give accurate information to my supervisor and the hub manager when they wonder when I will be returning.

Two things I hope to see in Waze someday: better support for routing trucks, and better instructions concerning destinations within apartment complexes.
WME L3: Junior Editor
App Beta Tester Waze v 4.22.1.901
Sprint
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Android 7.0
Philadelphia, PA, USA
APettyJ

Postby adriansinger » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:32 am

Hi everyone,

You've made an amazing job by submitting your feedback either through the form or in this thread, or both.

We're very thankful and we wanted to let you know that our developers are looking into the results and processing them.

News to come...

Thank you!
Adrian
Adrián Singer
Community Manager
LATAM

[ img ]
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby SethCarsten » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:48 pm

I LOVE using Waze but is there a way to get it to work better for truckers?? Weight limit warnings or routes around them, weigh stations, truck stops, Low clearance areas. Etc. would even be worth paying extra for if necessary. Right now I'm planning on using waze and a truckers GPS. Waze for traffic updates and road conditions, truck GPS for routes my truck is able to go on.
SethCarsten

Postby Tib3r1us » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi guys new to the forum here. I'm a tow truck driver and am looking to find a way to get a list or be alerted on my phone of all current/ newly reported collisions that are happening in my area, based on location or in a city that is input. This would be very helpful as me and others in my company check the maps frequently every day. Any one who can shed some light on this subject would be appreciated thanks Tib3r1us
Tib3r1us

Postby Olestas » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 pm

Tib3r1us wrote:Hi guys new to the forum here. I'm a tow truck driver and am looking to find a way to get a list or be alerted on my phone of all current/ newly reported collisions that are happening in my area, based on location or in a city that is input. This would be very helpful as me and others in my company check the maps frequently every day. Any one who can shed some light on this subject would be appreciated thanks Tib3r1us

There might be some third party creations for this.. you better ask in your country forums, maybe someone created something similar
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=19
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

GC: Latvia
Coordinator: Latvia
Country manager (Full coverage): Latvia/Lithuania/Belarus/Russia/Ukraine
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby DustinLeeNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:48 pm

I would like to see a place where we can let drivers know if weigh stations are open or closed.
What is the possibility of implementing that technology? I realize that there are apps that have waystation open and closed, but you have to actually go to the waystation and see if it is open and it may not be and updated and accurate. It would be nice if people could send an alert in real time as the person is traveling.
DustinLeeNinja

Postby adriansinger » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:22 am

DustinLeeNinja wrote:I would like to see a place where we can let drivers know if weigh stations are open or closed.
What is the possibility of implementing that technology? I realize that there are apps that have waystation open and closed, but you have to actually go to the waystation and see if it is open and it may not be and updated and accurate. It would be nice if people could send an alert in real time as the person is traveling.

Hi DustinLeeNinja,

That's actually a very nice idea. We're not going that way right now, but we'll certainly keep it and when time comes, who know maybe we can develop something.

Thank you so much!
Adrian
Adrián Singer
Community Manager
LATAM

[ img ]
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team

Re: Welcome to the Waze Professional Drivers Community!

Postby FreedAce » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:38 am

Wow, This is interesting. I'm not technically a professional driver either, but I was doing a large quantity of driving to and from clients, and for a short time I was driving a client around twice a week. I have thought about professional drivers, and I think that Waze should have multiple settings for vehicle type to accommodate the navigational needs of the different drivers who may be using Waze (A big 18 wheeler can't be navigated down narrow city streets, and some roadways can be legally limited to certain kinds of vehicles).

I also think that if you really want professional drivers to use Waze than you should increase the app's capability to navigate longer distances, perhaps by adding a code to chop long distances into navigational waypoint areas to recalculate the route up to the next waypoint area, or by navigating the user to the general direction of their target destination until they are close enough for Waze to actually calculate a route to the actual destination (Like a destination that keeps moving with the user). Some professional drivers drive for great distances and may not always have the perceived time or interest in figuring out places to enter along the way.

I also want to suggest another feature: the "Next available stop" button. This would be a button appearing directly on the map for users to have Waze direct them to the nearest available service station or rest area in their direction. If someone is driving a long distance in an area that they are unfamiliar with, they may need to take a bathroom break or something. It is also advised to stop every few hours on long drives to get out and stretch one's legs to prevent medical problems and accidents due to driver fatigue. This feature would either allow the user to exit to the next upcoming highway service area without messing up the navigation or if necessary, navigate to a nearby location with the necessary services off of the current route.
FreedAce

Re: Welcome to the Waze Professional Drivers Community!

Postby adriansinger » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:16 am

FreedAce wrote:Wow, This is interesting. I'm not technically a professional driver either, but I was doing a large quantity of driving to and from clients, and for a short time I was driving a client around twice a week. I have thought about professional drivers, and I think that Waze should have multiple settings for vehicle type to accommodate the navigational needs of the different drivers who may be using Waze (A big 18 wheeler can't be navigated down narrow city streets, and some roadways can be legally limited to certain kinds of vehicles).

I also think that if you really want professional drivers to use Waze than you should increase the app's capability to navigate longer distances, perhaps by adding a code to chop long distances into navigational waypoint areas to recalculate the route up to the next waypoint area, or by navigating the user to the general direction of their target destination until they are close enough for Waze to actually calculate a route to the actual destination (Like a destination that keeps moving with the user). Some professional drivers drive for great distances and may not always have the perceived time or interest in figuring out places to enter along the way.

I also want to suggest another feature: the "Next available stop" button. This would be a button appearing directly on the map for users to have Waze direct them to the nearest available service station or rest area in their direction. If someone is driving a long distance in an area that they are unfamiliar with, they may need to take a bathroom break or something. It is also advised to stop every few hours on long drives to get out and stretch one's legs to prevent medical problems and accidents due to driver fatigue. This feature would either allow the user to exit to the next upcoming highway service area without messing up the navigation or if necessary, navigate to a nearby location with the necessary services off of the current route.

Hi FreedAce,

Thank you for your contribution! I've moved your post to a more relevant thread.

Please feel free to post your feature requests in our Suggestion Box.

Thank you!
Adrian
Adrián Singer
Community Manager
LATAM

[ img ]
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Professional Drivers