Settings for driving instructors

Moderator: Unholy

Settings for driving instructors

Postby ipassedwithpaul » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:34 pm

In the UK we're about to have changes to our standard diving test. We will now be teaching to follow a sat nav for 20 minutes.

It would be very cool to be able to set the app to give directions slightly sooner and accommodate slower speed in a way that doesn't reduce how soon it warns of an upcoming turn.

Also if it were possible to key in whole fixed routes based on waypoints, that could be initiated with a "go" button, that would be immense.

Finally, is there a way to import a traced route into the app, to define a route to follow? For example, importing a kmz file. Currently I use geo-tracker app to record where my students go on test, to help plan routes for my other students in their training plans. If there were a direct way to import it would be amazing.

I'd imagine there are thousands of us instructors in the UK who could benefit from this sort of functionality. We're professional drivers and driver trainers, and having the app work with us would be perfect.
ipassedwithpaul

Re: Settings for driving instructors

Postby adriansinger » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:41 am

ipassedwithpaul wrote:In the UK we're about to have changes to our standard diving test. We will now be teaching to follow a sat nav for 20 minutes.

It would be very cool to be able to set the app to give directions slightly sooner and accommodate slower speed in a way that doesn't reduce how soon it warns of an upcoming turn.

Also if it were possible to key in whole fixed routes based on waypoints, that could be initiated with a "go" button, that would be immense.

Finally, is there a way to import a traced route into the app, to define a route to follow? For example, importing a kmz file. Currently I use geo-tracker app to record where my students go on test, to help plan routes for my other students in their training plans. If there were a direct way to import it would be amazing.

I'd imagine there are thousands of us instructors in the UK who could benefit from this sort of functionality. We're professional drivers and driver trainers, and having the app work with us would be perfect.

So cool to have you on board, ipassedwithpaul!

For feature requests, please don't forget to post here.

As for the traced route, please read here.

Thanks,
Adrian
Adrián Singer
Community Manager
LATAM

[ img ]
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team

Return to Waze Professional Drivers