Can you still use Waze on Uber?

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Can you still use Waze on Uber?

Postby vagabond2011 » Sun May 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Just a quick update about my experience with Waze version 4.23.0.4 and the Uber Driver app:

I uninstalled 4.23.0.4, installed 4.23.0.3, it didn't work with Uber Driver app either.

Uninstalled 4.23.0.3, installed 4.21.0.0, it works perfect.
vagabond2011

Postby pehmoh » Sun May 07, 2017 2:23 pm

Since the last update from Google Play I hv not been able to navigate waze from my uber driver apps. I hv since switched to google map.
pehmoh

Re: Professional Driver? We want your opinion!

Postby neddy1234 » Sun May 07, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi is Waze aware of the current prob in the UK with using Waze and uber driver app in that it's stopped working , getting voice guidance but map won't load , as 99% of uber drivers use this app I think they should look at this prob P.D.Q I hate using Google it's much to lagging.
Please please please get your fingers out its driving me me nuts and prob a few thousand other uber drivers

Dave
neddy1234

Postby turbomkt » Sun May 07, 2017 8:00 pm

One might argue you're better off not having the integration. Searching from within Waze will usually get you a more accurate destination. Some of the airports in my area come to mind...
turbomkt
State Manager
State Manager

Postby vagabond2011 » Sun May 07, 2017 10:40 pm

turbomkt wrote:One might argue you're better off not having the integration. Searching from within Waze will usually get you a more accurate destination. Some of the airports in my area come to mind...

One other person might argue steadfastly, that you don't need a GPS at all, or navigation :twisted: Especially for airports in your city! But ultimately, while you might be better off yourself not having the integration, it shouldn't be a stretch to know that people and cities vary, and often times the benefits of integration will outweigh the costs; even the cost of accuracy you described. Hence, the existence of the navigation button :mrgreen:
vagabond2011

Postby turbomkt » Mon May 08, 2017 1:07 am

vagabond2011 wrote:One other person might argue steadfastly, that you don't need a GPS at all, or navigation :twisted: Especially for airports in your city! But ultimately, while you might be better off yourself not having the integration, it shouldn't be a stretch to know that people and cities vary, and often times the benefits of integration will outweigh the costs; even the cost of accuracy you described. Hence, the existence of the navigation button :mrgreen:

I'm referring to issues we are having in Southern California. More than one airport, when you use the navigation button from Uber or Lyft, routes to the Google pin location rather than the Waze. This ends up routing them to the back side of the airport which is a military installation in one case! Add to that the option to search for a specific terminal and departure vs arrival, and you can provide the passenger a better experience.

Does this apply in all cases? Nope. But I can think of 4 airports in my area that work this way.
turbomkt
State Manager
State Manager

Re: Welcome to the Passenger Transportation forum!

Postby Le_Road_Ninja » Mon May 08, 2017 8:41 am

Hi Guys

After the last update, app keep crashing when you change screens to Uber and try to do a new automatic address, this is happening in an android phone. Usually to have it back for until the next trip, it is necessary to "force stop" the app in the settings.
Any ideas? I already sent the Logs to waze.

Regards Claudio
Le_Road_Ninja

Postby mentalbob » Tue May 09, 2017 2:16 am

This also happens with the Lyft app in driver mode as well. It appears that when waze 4.23 is launched by these apps with a destination (via API or URI?), the UI crashes but navigation begins in the background. Further attempts to launch the UI fail until you force stop the waze app. After that you can relaunch and waze will prompt to resume navigation. You can also launch the UI manually as long as it isn't in the aforementioned state.
mentalbob

Postby dZoup » Tue May 09, 2017 11:00 am

We've got a print from a editor and uber drive in Brazil:

IMG-20170508-WA0046.jpg
twisted uber
(113.88 KiB) Downloaded 1299 times

Seems thas on the last uber update, the waze got really bugged.
Att,
dZoup [ img ]
Paraná, Santa Catarina e Mato Grosso do Sul
dZoup
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby adriansinger » Tue May 09, 2017 11:22 am

Hi everyone,

We're aware of the problem and are checking if this is something on our side or Uber's side.

Reminder: there's no integration Waze/Uber.

I'll update you once we know more.

Adrian
Adrián Singer
Community Manager
LATAM

[ img ]
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Professional Drivers